Specimen Lake (Trevor’s) Rules
- Barbless hooks (maximum size 6)
- 2 rods maximum
- No lead core
- No fixed leads – all rigs must be free running and must be able to lose the lead in the event of a line breakage
- Minimum 15lbs mainline – no braided mainline (no microbraid rigs)
- Rig tube must be used – 3ft minimum (where applicable)
- No plastic or artificial baits
- No zigs
- No tiger nuts to be used as loose feed
- Fishery pellet and boilies only (available from on-site shop)
- No floating baits
- Please use landing net, cradle, sling, and water bucket provided, no others allowed on site
- Carp care antiseptic/propolis must be used by each angler
- Respect all other anglers and swim boundaries
- Bivvies on peg areas only – please keep them off the grass
- All stoves must be gas only and raised off the ground – no naked flames
- Fishing at the specimen carp pool is only permitted from numbered pegs. No cutting or digging bankside vegetation is permitted
- Please take all rubbish home with you or use bins provided
- No dogs are permitted at any of the fishing lakes
- All fish estimated to be over 20lbs, please contact the fishery team before removing from the net for photos and confirmation of weight
- All anglers to give the upmost care dealing with fish once landed
- All fish must be left in landing nets for a minimum of 5 minutes to recover once landed. Unhook the rig if possible.
- When handling the fish for photos, this must be in the cradle and lifted out over the top, kneeling
- No guns/firearms/weapons
- No bait boats
- No non-fishing guests are allowed on the lakes
- Anti-social behaviour, excessive drinking or drug use will not be tolerated
- Spring Lea is a family venue, please use the toilets and bins provided
- We co-operate with other fisheries within the area to make sure problem anglers cannot fish here. Anyone banned at Spring Lea will have their details passed onto other fisheries.
- Takeaway deliveries are permitted until 8pm
- We do not accept any liability for any damages or losses of angler’s property while visiting the fishery.
Queries and Penalties
At Spring Lea Fishery, our aim is to create a pleasant, fair environment for anglers to enjoy our facilities. Anyone found to be breaking the rules above will be asked to leave the fishery without a refund.
Please report any violation of the above rules to the fishery team as soon as possible. We reserve the right to disqualify, evict and ban any individual/s that we regard to be showing a blatant disregard for our rules.