Spring Lea Fishery is open all-year round, from 8am until 4.15pm during the winter months and 5pm during the summer months for pleasure fishing, and until 7.45pm during the Summer months for holiday home owners and seasonal tourers.
£10 for one rod, or £12 for two rods, per person, per day. Maximum of two rods can be purchased at one time.
£8 for children up to 16 years old.
Winter Prices from the 30 October – 26 March 2023 £2.00 discount on the prices above.
General Fishery Rules
- Please report to reception on your arrival
- Barbless hooks only are to be used, maximum size 12
- Fishery landing nets only are to be used. Please bring your own landing net handle
- No keepnets are to be used whilst pleasure fishing
- Fishery feed pellets must be used
- All fish over 4oz must be netted
- No braided line
- No surface fishing
- Fish must not be handled with any cloth/towel
- No night fishing – Pleasure fishing ends at 5pm all year. Holiday home owners and seasonal tourers fishing ends 4.15pm in the winter & 7.45pm summer months ( April-October Until the clocks change).
- Children under the age of 16 must always be accompanied by an adult/guardian
- Fishing is only permitted from numbered pegs. No cutting or digging bankside vegetation is permitted
- Spring Lea is a family venue, please use the Portaloo provided
- Please respect other anglers. No loud music, BBQs or alcohol or drug use including the smoking of cannabis is permitted on the bank and may result in you being asked to leave the venue.
- When photographing fish please kneel (no standing with fish)
- All cars are to be parked in the car park
- All litter must be disposed of in the bins provided
- Hemp, castor and maggot – 4 pints in total
- Worms – 1kg maximum
- Sweetcorn – 3 x 198g tins in total
- Meat – 2 x 290g tins with fat removed in total
- No boilies, blood worm, joker or liquidised bait to be used
- No leftover bait is to be thrown in the lakes. Please use the bins provided
Match Fishing Rules
Please take note of the above general and bait rules.
Spring Lea Park staff will do all the weighing at the end of the match.
Fishery keepnets must be used. Nets can be placed in the water once your peg has been drawn.
All matches must be a maximum of five hours in duration.
Please use a minimum of three keepnets (x2 carp, x1 silver). Fish under 3lbs in weight should be kept separate to bigger fish. No more than 60lbs of fish are to be held in a keepnet at any time. No more than four pints of live/particle bait is to be taken to your peg at any time. In addition, anglers are allowed a maximum of 1 kilo of worms and two kilos of ground bait. Anglers may fish halfway between the peg that they are sat on, and the nearest angler.
Specimen Lake Rules (Trevor’s)
- Barbless hooks (maximum size 6)
- 2 rods maximum
- No lead core
- No fixed leads – all rigs must be free running and must be able to lose the lead in the event of a line breakage
- Minimum 15lbs mainline – no braided mainline
- Line tube must be used – 3ft minimum
- No plastic or artificial baits
- No floating baits
- No tiger nuts to be used as loose feed
- Please use net, cradle, sling and water bucket provided, no others allowed on site
- Carp care antiseptic/propolis must be used by each angler
- Respect all other anglers and swim boundaries
- Bivvies on peg areas only – please keep them off the grass
- All BBQs must be gas only and raised off the ground – no naked flames
- Fishing at the specimen carp pool is only permitted from numbered pegs. No cutting or digging bankside vegetation is permitted
- Please take all rubbish home with you
- Well behaved dogs are allowed but must be kept on a lead and within your peg. All dog mess must be picked up.
- All fish estimated to be over 20lbs, please contact the fishery team before removing from the net for photos and confirmation of weight
- All anglers to give the upmost care dealing with fish once landed
- All fish must be left in landing nets for a minimum of 5 minutes to recover once landed. Unhook the rig if possible.
- When handling the fish for photos, this must be in the cradle and lifted out over the top, kneeling
- No guns/firearms/weapons
- No baitboats
- 1 non-fishing guest is allowed on the lakes
- Anti-social behaviour, drinking of alcohol or drug use including smoking cannabis will not be tolerated and may result in you being asked to leave the venue.
- Spring Lea is a family venue, please use the toilets provided
- We co-operate with other fisheries within the area to make sure problem anglers cannot fish here. Anyone banned at Spring Lea will have their details passed onto other fisheries.
- We do not accept liability for any damages or losses of angler’s property while visiting the fishery
Queries and Penalties
At Spring Lea, our aim is to create a pleasant, fair environment for anglers to enjoy our facilities.
Please report any violation of our fishing rules to the team as soon as possible. We reserve the right to disqualify, evict and ban any individual/s that we regard to be showing a blatant disregard for our rules.